Friday 28 January 2011

Mise En Scene in Prelimanery video

Because I played a lead role in the film, I had to make sure that I had all the parts of my costume with me everyday of filming, this included things like the hat, jacket, scarf, the same jeans and trainers etc. I had to make sure Dom also was wearing the same jacket and clothes for the video as he played a part in it as well, as well as clothing I was also in charge of the props we used, I had to think to myself what we could use, for the final video we used my bag, and a phone it was my responsibility to bring the bag and I had to ensure Dom brought the phone in on the days that we filmed. a problem that I noticed in the video was Dom's hair, this was spotted during the late stages of editing, the problem was that Dom in most of the shots had his hair down but then in some of the final shots we see his hair was spiked up this is something we will have to look into when we start our foundation assessment.

another thing that I had to be careful of was my body language and facial expression, I needed to act suspicious, we decided to have me looking back a couple of times and act a little mysterious compared to an average person, this was the same for the facial expressions except I tried to show as little emotion as possible as to leave the audience guessing about my character.

Colour and lighting were an issue towards the end of the film, this was I think due to the difference in sunlight on the days of shooting, we will need to pay extra attention to this when doing our foundation assessment because I think this was the only real area we slipped a bit in.

setting was crucial for the opening, we needed to find a suitable area to film that was quiet and also looked a bit unused, so Dom found a room in the old building that we could use and showed me, I then came up with a the positioning of both Dom and myself and then mocked up where the camera would go. I think the setting worked well considering we were limited to college grounds and we need to ensure that the setting goes with the plot in our foundation production.

No comments:

Post a Comment